Pneumatics Controls and Maintenance
Owners-Operators and Service Contractors
Start Date: June 23, 2018
Start Time: 9:00 a.m. | End Time: 3:30 p.m.
In the next few years many service and maintenance technicians will leave the workplace for retirement. This has caused Pneumatic Controls to be back in the limelight with an opportunity for those in the industry to gain expertise in this area. Pneumatics will remain since many facility operations are based on this technology. Hazardous material environments, flammable refrigerants, sensitive areas, and security are concerns the workshop will address. The facilities expert must have the ability to install, troubleshoot, replace components, calibrate and maintain equipment. In addition, decision-makers must analyze cost of repairs, parts and service.
Join us in this new workshop and help to build your pneumatic maintenance program!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
• The definition and understanding of the “Hazmat” environment.
• The basic principles of HVAC pneumatics-based controls.
• The operating principles of pneumatics and the creation and movement of clean, dry air.
• The pneumatic control room characteristics and concerns.
• Pneumatic compressors, tanks, dryers, drains, gages and reliefs.
• Air filtration devices, filters and regulators.
• Mainline characteristics and concerns.
• The control three-point loop pertaining to pneumatics.
• Pneumatic controls, relays, actuators and control devices.
• Controller calibration techniques.